- PR campaigns are persuasive and communicated through non-paid third parties while advertising consists of paid placement with a controlled message
- Legitimate businesses, as well as people, can be screwed from bad publicity
- Positive media exposure is a good thing, but in most cases it shouldn’t be the sole focus of a PR campaign. A mention of your name in a newspaper does little to build your brand. Other communications vehicles also have to be used.
- PR professionals communicate useful, factual news to a targeted audience to benefit their client.
- PR people use social media tools to reach thier target audience directly, as well as monitoring the buzz about a brand, person, or company.