The two types of jobs in the field of Public Relations that I found the most interesting are publicists and event planners. Before graduating and going out into the PR field to find a job, I thought it might help me and my classmates to examine a few of the different opportunities we can pursue with a degree in Public Relations.
Publicist (From What Does a Publicist do?)
- Work to increase public interest in their client
- Create buzz for their clients and help them further build their brand.
- Perform “damage control” when a client or business damages their reputation
- Employed by large firms based in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and other metropolitan cities
Event Planner (From What Does an Event Planner Do?)
- Coordinates the logistical and operational aspects of an event or meeting
- Work in a diverse range of social and private settings
- Must conduct the required research, establish expected outcomes and produce outlines of events
- Locate a site, catering, decorations, entertainment, travel arrangements and arranging for accommodations
These are two of the fields I am looking to get an internship or entry-level job in upon graduating. I think that they both sounds amazing and I feel like after studying PR I will be well equipped for either one of these jobs!