After finally figuring out how to make a Blog Roll on the side of my page so I could make links to my PRCA 3330 classmate’s blogs, I noticed a considerable amount of blogs that haven’t been updated in weeks, even months. My hope is that the students who haven’t updated since week 3 have dropped the class… No offense. I know that there have been some times throughout the semester where I forgot to post my reading notes or was a little late on a TOW post, but no updates since the 3rd week? Come on, people. Don’t make us all look bad!
As Public Relations majors, blogging, tweeting and facebooking comes with the trade and in order to be successful in this field it is essential we learn the basics of social media outlets now before being thrown into the workforce.
To hopefully help out my classmates who have been lagging in updating their blogs, I have compiled some tips that I found helpful when creating blog posts:
- Share your opinion. People want to know what other people are thinking. Even if you feel stupid writing about your thoughts, it may entertain other people and help build interest in your blog!
- Use links when writing a blog post. This helps back up what you’re saying and creates credibility for your blog. People will listen and accept individuals who they can trust.
- Interact with other bloggers. I know from experience that when someone leaves me a comment I immediately check out their blog. Most likely, I will leave them a comment too!
- Be yourself. Other bloggers will be able to appreciate that you are not just blogging what you think people want to hear.
- Use pictures in your blog post. This makes your blog more visually attractive which will result in more visitors!
I can only hope that some of my classmates can pull themselves out of thier writer’s block and start making some creative and interesting blog posts!